[Shoestring Baby is reader supported with affiliate links. This won't cost you anything & your support is appreciated. Note: as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. ]
I spent a lot of time on Facebook through my pregnancy since I was stuck on modified bed rest for almost 8 months.
Facebook is where I got nearly all our baby items and where I hung out in pregnancy groups.
It is also where I was shown A LOT of ridiculous ads.
So much so that I started saving the most comically inappropriate pregnancy Facebook ads I was shown.
It begs the question – what am I doing online that had the Facebook ads algorithm sending these my way? A swing and a miss on these, Facebook!
8. This one they showed me literally the night before my 35th birthday. Cold.
7. This one’s just confusing. A heavily pregnant person kind of already gets the gist of birthing mechanics, FB.
6. Okay, this one wasn’t a complete miss, I’ll give them that. Sometimes we can’t remember when we last washed our kid. But it felt pointed that they assumed that about me.
5. Clearly Facebook’s tracking missed the approximately billion times I googled hyperemesis and cervical incompetence…
4. This popped up a couple weeks before I went into labor. I kept asking my partner what Facebook knew that I didn’t.
3. But really, why?
2. Don’t worry, Instagram was in the mix too looking out for my relationship status
1. And the best pregnancy Facebook ad, which they seriously kept showing me until my 3rd trimester. How exactly do they think Plan B works? What have I done online that makes Facebook think I should be childfree? The questions haunt me.